Lexmark Printers are one of the finest printer manufacturers. They use the advancement in technology to make efficient and affordable printers for all user groups. The use of printers are increasing day by day and now finds its place even at homes. Although these printers can be termed as technological marvels we all agree that printers are a complicated machine. It has got different sets of components bundled along with the software to make your printing experience hassle-free. But, if you are not aware of its functioning, repairing it could turn out to be a difficult job. One such common issue we have received is regarding the malfunctioning of cartridges.
Lexmark Printer constitutes a custom-made electronic chip which enables your PC to interact with the printer. This sensor also informs you about the level of ink and when you need to get a replacement. The cartridge can be modified and repaired in multiple ways. Here Lexmark Printer Support will be helping you with a detailed description of the process. Follow the set of instructions carefully.
Troubleshooting techniques to troubleshoot cartridge on Lexmark Printer:
- First, turn off your computer and printer.
- Open the front portion of the printer to get access to cartridges. This can be easily done by pressing the cartridge into the printer carriage.
- If the front is locked for safety purpose, switch on your printer device and press the detach key to open it.
- Once that part is open, turn it off and press the “go” and “back button” simultaneously as you turn the printer back.
- Press the power button on your printer unless the printer starts the self-test. Release as you see the message on the screen.
- After completion of self-test or diagnosis, press the Menu button to check the maintenance count.
- Press the counter back to zero once the installation of the cartridge is complete. You can do this by pressing the restart button unless the counter shows a value of zero.
- Now press the “Return” button to get back to the previous mode and shut down your printer for few minutes let the machine make necessary changes.
- Power on your machine after a gap of few minutes and print a test page to check its functionality. You can Print the Google homepage, as it contains all the colors and uses a minimum of ink.
- Check the reading of your cartridges, it should have become full.
Hopefully, these instructions helped you in resolving the cartridge issue of your Lexmark printer. However, if you feel that these instructions were not fruitful or you have any other minor or major issue with your Lexmark printer, feel free to give us a call at Lexmark Printer Support. Our helplines are available for 24*7 round the clock and 365 days throughout the year. Our Lexmark Printer Support number is 1-855-213-4314. So whenever in trouble contact Lexmark Tech Support and see all your printer problems vanish away.